- A performance appraisal also referred to as a performance review, performance evaluation or employee appraisal is a method by which the job performance of an employee is documented and evaluated.
- Performance appraisals are a part of career development and consist of regular reviews of employee performance within organisations.
- A performance appraisal is a systematic general and periodic process that assesses an individual employee’s job performance and productivity in relation to certain pre-established criteria and organisational objectives.
- A performance appraisal has been conducted annually however, many companies are moving towards shorter cycles (every six months, every quarter), and some have been moving into short-cycle (weekly, bi-weekly) appraisals.
- A performance appraisal helps the employee answer two key questions: first, what are company’s expectations of me? And second, how am I doing to meet those expectations?
- Some applications of performance appraisal are compensation, performance improvement, promotions, termination, test validation, and more.
Employee Performance Appraisal forms are provided for reference.
[embeddoc url=”https://lazyhr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/employee-performance-evaluation-template-1.pdf” download=”none”]